To realize UMI as educational and religious proselytizing (dakwah) institution which is excellent, qualified, Islamic to produce men of science, devoted, and good character, especially the ones related to development of science, technology, and arts in relation to greatness of Islam and struggle for human interest globally as a realization to dedication to Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala.
- To establish men of science, devoted, and good character who are adaptive, transformative, and innovative.
- To develop science, technology and arts in the realization of the truth of the order of Allah SWT and development of Islamic Law (Syariat Islam).
- To struggle for the interest of Islamic community both nationally and globally, so that Islamic community and Islamic intellectuals are in the position of khaerah ummah.
Vision, Mission, and Objective of UMI in 2010-2014
To make UMI professional, excellent, and dignified towards World Class University.
- To increase professional activities in education, research, and social service based on Islamic values through ISO Quality Assurance System.
- To make UMI as an excellent university, dignified in developing science, technology, and arts and provide direction to change and good university governance
- To become a professional university in qualified education service based on Islamic values through ISO quality management system.To become an excellent university and dignified in developing science, technology, and arts and provide direction to change and have good university governance.