The Symbols of UMI
- Nib-shaped, it means that UMIprovideseducation, knowledge, and technology in general which is universal.
- It has five standpoints that symbolize Pancasila.
The content and meaning of the symbols of UMI
- Al-Quran and Sunnah with an upright goose feather mean that UMI in conducting education should always refer back to the Al-Quran and Sunnah (Hadith). Ka’bah represents the embodiment of Islamic law implementation universally and consistently.
- Ka’bah represents the embodiment of Islamic law implementation universally and consistently.
- Moon and Star symbolize the unity of humanity and mercy for the universe.
- Composed Bricks symbolize that UMI actively participates in national development.
- Five kinds of color, mean the five pillars of Islam.
- The meaning of colors (Each color underlines UMI participation in nation-building, state, and religion toward a just and prosperous society that Allah SWT blessed):
a. Yellow symbolizes maturity, dignity, and sustainability.
b. Green symbolizes fertility and hope.
c. Red symbolizes justice, courage, and responsibility.
d. Black symbolizes honesty and science & knowledge.
e. Blue symbolizes sincerity, loyalty.
- Rice and Cotton, means that UMI aspires to realize social justice for all Indonesian people. 23 seeds of rice and six pieces of cotton, warned that UMI was established on 23 June.
- The Figure of 1954, means that UMI was established in 1954.